Family Law


Our Family Law services include:

  • Property Settlements
  • Binding Financial Agreements
  • Divorce
  • Parenting Orders

When do you need to see a Family Lawyer?

Are you thinking of moving in together or getting married?

Some people think that moving in together is not as important as being married.  In Western Australia, the date that you move in together marks the date that your legal obligations to one another begin to change.

A binding financial agreement can help avoid costly disputes at the end of a relationship.

·         If there is disparity in yours and your partner’s incomes;

·         If there is disparity in yours and your partner’s asset positions;

·         If you have received or are likely to receive a windfall such as an inheritance;

·         If you have children from a previous relationship.

Contact us for advice on whether a binding financial agreement can help protect your assets.

Are you thinking of separating?

If you are thinking of separating from your partner and want to know your rights, contact us at Horizon Legal for a confidential discussion.

We understand that this is a stressful time and knowing what your legal rights are will help alleviate some of the stress associated with a decision on whether or not to separate from your partner.

Are you separated from your partner and need to sort out the assets?

If you are separated from your partner it is important to finalise your financial relationship.  Horizon Legal can help, whether it’s by consent or through litigation.

You can finalise your property relationship with your former partner either by obtaining a court order (either with the consent of your former partner or through litigation) or with a binding financial agreement.

Contact us for a confidential discussion.

Are you looking to get a divorce?

You can apply to the Family Court for a divorce once you have been separated for 12 months.  Contact us for advice and assistance on obtaining a divorce.